The 4th partner meeting took place at ISMA University, Riga, Latvia, 21. - 22. May 2015.
The aims of the meeting were:
- to discuss the results of the platform tests, and to determine the steps towards the finalisation of the DISCUSS platform features and sections,
- to review and discuss the progress made towards the building of the DISCUSS Communities of Practice on Lifelong Learning,
- to discuss our achievements at the identification of past and ongoing lifelong learning projects in the initial 5 thematic areas and involvement of project actors associated with those projects,
- to identify problems, solutions and good practice identified during the facilitation and moderation of the DISCUSS online communities,
- to review the dissemination materials produced and dissemination activities implemented by the partnership so far,
- to discuss the insights gained from quality management and evaluation, and possible improvements of the project implementation,
- to make the participants acquainted with the key features and functionalities of the DISCUSS platform, and to demonstrate their use along with practical examples,
- to determine the next steps towards establishing and reinforcing sustainable growth of the DISCUSS Communities of Practice.
The DISCUSS platform rests on three pillars: information, collaborative and social spaces. During the meeting the major features and tools available for each of these areas were presented and jointly with the participants explored in depth.
- Project section: Submission and editing of items, association of projects with thematic groups and members, sharing project items on other social networks,
- Library: Submission and editing of items, association of items with thematic groups
- Multimedia Content: Images, Video, Slides, options for sharing with the DISCUSS community and social networks
- Events: Creating and editing a event, options for sharing with the DISCUSS community and social networks
- Group features: Creating public, restricted or invisible groups, starting discussions, making announcements, moderating groups, exchange of items, administration of group members, roles, notifications and additional features, invite people from outside to group, options for sharing group activities with the DISCUSS community and social networks,
- Wiki: Adding and editing wiki items, how platform content and wiki items interact,
- Ask a question: Ask the community about a subject of your choice, and see if there’s similar questions and answers to your question,
- Search features: Issueing section specific or platform-wide searches,
- Chat and video conferencing
- Social stream: Using the status box, choose who can see your post, fetching content from external URLs, add or search hashtag, add emoticon, filter stream
- Member profiles: profile features, privacy settings, choose notifications to be sent and received, see mutual connections,
- Search, connect and interact with community members: quick and advanced search, connect with other members, send and receive private messages, issueing of mass messages, display connections;
- Multi-profiles: Choose from different profiles options when registering
Our warmest thanks to Antonina Djakona and Denis Djakons, ISMA University and the colleagues from the DISCUSS partner organisations, who helped to make the Riga workshop a great event.